Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sadhguru - A foreward


Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev is an Indian yogi and mystic. He is a realized master, yogi and mystic from who embodies the universal truths of the great spiritual masters of east and west, which transcend religious divide. Through public talksand yoga programs, he teaches a unique perspective to all seeking a higher expression of life, inner peace, health and fulfillment.
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev was born in Mysore, Karnataka around 1948. At thirteen, under the tutelage of Shree Raghavendra Ra, or more commonly refered to as Malladihalli Swami, Sadhguru began his studies of yogic practices. Encouraged by his parents, Sadhguru excelled at school; eventually he graduated with a degree from the Mysore University in Karnataka.

At the age of twenty-five, he underwent a deep spiritual experience which was to change the course of his future life. He recalls: " One day I went to the Chamundi hills in the afternoon and sat on a huge rock, my usual place. I sat with my eyes open and after a few minutes, I did not know where I was. I felt myself spread everywhere, no longer bound by my body. I was in the rocks, the trees, and the earth. Everything was me. Tears flowed down my cheek in a torrent. I thought this had lasted for a few minutes. But when I came to, it was late in the evening. I wondered if I had hallucinated, but in the days that followed, this experience recurred and each time it left me in a state of utter bliss. After each such episode, I would not sleep for the next three or four days, nor would I eat. Also the urge to share that bliss with the world grew each time. "

From that day onward, he renounced material prosperity, giving himself over to his mission to share his experience. In 1992, the Sadhguru founded the Isha Yoga Centre and Ashram at the foothills of the sacred Velliangiri Mountains at Poondi near Coimbatore, India.

Sadhguruji is a very rare being, who dares not to conform to the accepted norms just because the majority or the so-called spiritual dictum conforms to it. His teachings are an outpouring of his inner being, which has risen from inner awakening and not derived from books and scriptures. He cares little for scholarly views and embraces Truth and stands by it. No one single description can provide an accurate picture of this realized being whose teachings are simple and pristine. What can happen in this person’s presence, his energy field, is difficult to perceive for those who are confined to just their sense perceptions.





No comments:

Post a Comment